There is in all visible things an invisible fecundity,
a dimmed light,
a meek namelessness,
a hidden wholeness.
This mysterious Unity and Integrity is Wisdom,
the Mother of all ...

Thomas Merton

Immersed in Forever- 2008

December/2007

December/2007
"Although the virgin birth cannot be understood as a historical-biological event, it can be regarded as a meaningful symbol at least for that time." Hans Küng, "On Being a Christian."

10/31/07

**********
One of my prized possessions from my sanctuary.
I call her "Aztec Mama"



I bought this at an Art Fair in Chicago about 20 years ago. She was made by an artist in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Who knew that I would be moving to Green Bay just a few years after she found me!? I looked up the artist when I moved there...but she was no where to be found.
This Goddess represents the "Dark Mother". The one who "holds the space...so when the light returns...it has a place to rest".

Her top comes off!
She is hollow...and many magical things can be "hidden" within her belly.
She has been a keeper of herbs for me...and of incense and oils.
She is very apropos for this time of year when we go more deeply within...re-create and enjoy our sanctuaries and reflect upon our "roots" that continue to grow and be nourished as we walk softly upon the cold and dark earth.
Right now at this moment, she sits on my dining table...
I love her.
Oh yes, I really, really like the pottery, too. :-)

~
~~~~~~~
*******************************


I had an unexpected visitor the night before I went to see the Dali Lama.


"Unexpected Visitor"
October 2007


I experienced a "cleansing" of sorts...very peaceful yet deeply turbulent at the same time!
There may be many reasons why she came to me.
If you wish...you can find out more about her here:

No comments: